Transform the floors of your residential or commercial space with Eastgate Concrete Contractor’s high-build epoxy flooring services in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Our durable and attractive flooring options provide a seamless, easy-to-clean surface that can withstand heavy foot traffic, impacts, and chemicals. Whether you need a new floor or a restoration of your existing concrete, our skilled team will deliver a beautiful finish that exceeds your expectations. Trust us to enhance the functionality and aesthetics of your property with our professional epoxy flooring services.
Contact us today to get started with a free quote on high-build epoxy flooring in the Grand Rapids area.
High-Build Epoxy Grand Rapids, Michigan
Residential High-Build Epoxy
Residential high-build epoxy is a two-part coating made up of a resin and a hardener that chemically bonds to form a durable, tough surface. It’s a popular flooring option for garages, basements, and other areas that experience heavy use because of its resistance to stains, scratches, and impact. High-build epoxy can also be used in residential spaces like kitchens, living rooms, and bathrooms to add a sleek, modern finish to your floors. Regarding decorative finishes, the possibilities are endless with high-build epoxy. It can be combined with metallic pigments to create a unique, shimmering effect or tinted to any color you choose. High-build epoxy can also be applied with decorative flakes or chips to add texture and visual interest to your floors.
Commercial High-Build Epoxy
Commercial high-build epoxy is a two-part coating made up of a resin and a hardener that chemically bonds to create a strong, resilient surface. It’s a popular flooring choice for many industries, including healthcare, hospitality, retail, and industrial facilities. Commercial high-build epoxy can withstand heavy foot traffic, machinery, and chemicals, making it an ideal flooring solution for businesses that require durability and reliability. One of the unique characteristics of commercial high-build epoxy is its ability to enhance workplace safety. It can be installed with slip-resistant properties to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries, and it can also be formulated with antimicrobial additives to inhibit the growth of bacteria and other pathogens.
Industrial High-Build Epoxy
Industrial high-build epoxy has a long history of use in a variety of settings, from warehouses and manufacturing plants to food processing areas and other industrial facilities. The material was first developed in the early 20th century as a protective coating for concrete and steel surfaces. Since then, it has become a go-to option for industrial areas looking for durable, long-lasting flooring solutions. Industrial high-build epoxy is especially popular in facilities that see a lot of heavy machinery and foot traffic, as it can withstand the wear and tear of daily use without cracking, chipping, or peeling. It’s also a popular choice for food processing areas because it’s non-porous and can be easily cleaned and sanitized.
Why Choose High-Build Epoxy?
- Durability: High-build epoxy is incredibly tough and can withstand heavy foot traffic, machinery, and chemicals without cracking, chipping, or peeling.
- Low maintenance: Once installed, high-build epoxy requires minimal upkeep, making it a cost-effective option for residential and commercial spaces.
- Hygienic: High-build epoxy is non-porous, making it easy to clean and sanitize, making it an ideal choice for healthcare facilities, food processing areas, and other industries that require cleanliness.
- Aesthetics: High-build epoxy can be customized to match your space’s aesthetic with various decorative finishes, textures, and colors.
- Safety: High-build epoxy can be formulated with slip-resistant properties to reduce the risk of accidents and injuries in commercial and industrial settings.
- Cost-effective: High-build epoxy is a long-lasting flooring solution requiring minimal upkeep, making it a smart investment for homeowners and businesses.
High-Build Epoxy in Hospitality Settings
High-build epoxy is an excellent flooring solution for hospitality settings like hotels, resorts, and restaurants. Its durable and low-maintenance properties make it ideal for high-traffic areas like lobbies, dining areas, and kitchens. High-build epoxy can be customized to match the decor of your hospitality space with a variety of decorative finishes and color options. It can also be formulated with slip-resistant properties to improve safety for guests and staff.
High-Build Epoxy in Medical Settings
High-build epoxy is a popular flooring option for medical settings like hospitals, clinics, and laboratories. Its non-porous surface makes it easy to clean and sanitize, helping to maintain a hygienic environment. High-build epoxy can be formulated with antimicrobial additives to inhibit the growth of bacteria and other pathogens, further enhancing its suitability for medical settings. It’s also highly durable and can withstand the wear and tear of heavy foot traffic, making it an ideal choice for medical facilities that see a lot of activity.
The High-Build Epoxy Installation Process
The high-build epoxy installation process typically involves several steps. First, the surface is prepared by cleaning and grinding the existing substrate to create a rough surface for the epoxy to bond to. Then, a primer is applied to seal the substrate and create a strong bond between the epoxy and the surface. Next, the high-build epoxy is mixed and poured onto the surface, where it’s spread evenly and allowed to cure. Finally, a topcoat is applied to protect the epoxy from UV rays and other environmental factors.
Decorative Options for High-Build Epoxy
High-build epoxy is not just a functional flooring option; it can also be a beautiful decorative element for your space. There are several decorative options available to customize the appearance of your high-build epoxy floors, including metallic pigments, colored epoxy, decorative flakes, and custom logos. The cosmetic options for high-build epoxy are virtually limitless, allowing you to create a unique, beautiful flooring surface that complements your space’s aesthetic.
Maintenance Tips for High-Build Epoxy
Proper maintenance is key to ensuring the longevity and durability of high-build epoxy flooring. While it’s known for its low-maintenance properties, you can still take some steps to keep your epoxy floors looking their best. By following a few simple maintenance guidelines, you can help prolong the lifespan of your epoxy floors and maintain their appearance. Here are some tips to help you care for your high-build epoxy flooring:
- Regular sweeping or dust mopping to remove dirt, dust, and debris.
- Wet mopping with a mild detergent solution to remove any spills or stains.
- Avoid harsh cleaning products, abrasive materials, or steam cleaning, as these can damage the epoxy surface.
- Promptly clean up any spills or stains, which can cause discoloration or damage if left unattended.
- Avoid dragging heavy objects or using sharp tools on the epoxy surface, as these can scratch or gouge the surface.
- Consider applying a fresh coat of epoxy sealer every few years to maintain the appearance and durability of the surface.